KuCoin is a leading cryptocurrency exchange for trading digital assets and cryptocurrencies. The exchange is suitable for beginners and experienced traders using its website or mobile app that offers a wide variety of products and advanced trading tools for the most popular cryptocurrency assets and low cap altcoins.
KuCoin is often referred to as 'The People's Exchange' due to its rapid surge in popularity across the world particularly and is trusted by 1 out of every 4 crypto holders in the world that makes it one of the best exchanges for trading cryptocurrencies.
Users are spoilt for choice with several innovative crypto services and products including a spot exchange, futures markets, margin trading, swap crypto with zero-fees, staking rewards, lending service to earn interest on crypto assets and even purchase cryptocurrencies using a credit/debit card.
While we aim to provide you with accurate and the latest information on its features, user interface and trading fees and more in this KuCoin review, we strongly suggest that you visit the website to keep updated with any changes that may occur afterward.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- StormGain Review: READ THIS Before You Sign Up
- 4 Best Bitcoin Cashback & Rewards App (FREE Money)
- Nexo Review: How To Earn Interest On Your Crypto
- Shrimpy Review: Automatically Rebalance Your Crypto Portfolio
- 4 Best Crypto Charting Software & Tools For Altcoin Traders
What Is KuCoin?
KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that was built to cater to individuals around the globe by providing an easy to use platform for investors to exchange digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Established in late 2017, KuCoin has quickly become one of the most popular crypto trading exchanges in the world. According to coinmarketcap, KuCoin is currently ranked #8 based on traffic, liquidity and trading volumes of its spot market.
In a short period of time, KuCoin has amassed over 5 million registered users from 200+ countries and regions and is well established in communities such as South Korea, Japan, Spain, Italy, Vietnam, Turkey, Russia, India and other regions.
KuCoin Features & Crypto Products
KuCoin users have access to several features that include instant crypto purchases with a credit card, margin trading platform and staking favorite coins to earn rewards. Other features of the platform include:
- Beginner-friendly user interface
- Over 200 global high-quality blockchain projects with more than 400 trading pairs
- Supports credit/debit card (e.g Simplex, Banxa and PayMIR), bank transfer payments and Skrill
- Accepts 46 fiat currencies from all over the world like USD, GBP, EUR and CNY
- High liquidity order-book with low spreads
- Margin platform to trade crypto with up to 10 times leverage
- KuCoin futures to trade contracts with up to 100 times leverage
- Secure wallet using offline cold storage measures
- Mobile trading app to monitor positions and trade from anywhere
- KuCoin Staking to earn rewards for holding coins and tokens on the exchange
- Lending platform to earn interest on crypto (up to 12% USDT annualised)
- An affiliate program that rewards you for bringing more users to the platform
- 24/7 customer service team with multilingual support
Advanced features, intuitive user interface and a mobile trading app are important features on KuCoin. This comparison table lists other top rated crypto exchanges that offer world-class features.
4.8 / 5
4.5 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.1 / 5
Account Registration & Login
To create an account with KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange, the process is simple and takes a few minutes. To start, follow these steps:
- Visit the website https://www.kucoin.com
- Click on the 'Sign Up' button at the top right-hand corner
- Enter in your email, set a strong password and mobile phone number
- Agree with the terms of service and click 'Create Account'
- Verify your email address and login to using your credentials
KuCoin users are required to complete a Know Your Customer process in accordance with virtual currency industry protocols to help reduce the occurrence of fraud, money laundering and other malicious activities on the exchange.
Completing the KuCoin verification process enables users to:
- Increase the daily withdrawal limit to 100 Bitcoin
- Use the fiat-to-crypto services such as buy crypto with a credit card or debit card
- Increase the leverage to 100x on the KuCoin margin trading platform
How To Deposit Funds To KuCoin Account
The easiest way to fund a KuCoin account and start trading altcoins is by transferring Bitcoin, Ethereum or USDT. Depending on the cryptocurrency, it can take between a few seconds, minutes or even hours for the blockchain to confirm the transaction and deposit the funds into the KuCoin wallet.
To deposit funds into KuCoin, follow these steps:
- Login to your KuCoin account
- Navigate to 'Assets' at the top menu and click on 'Main Account (Deposit & Withdrawal)'
- Select the crypto you want to deposit (e.g. Bitcoin)
- Copy the unique wallet address for the selected coin
- Transfer crypto from a personal hardware wallet to KuCoin address
KuCoin Instant Exchange: Trade Crypto With Zero Fees
KuCoin has launched an Instant Exchange to offer its users the best available crypto exchange rate in the global market and to allow the rapid purchase of cryptocurrencies with zero trading fees. KuCoin's instant exchange supports the popular cryptocurrency coins such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP.
To trade crypto with zero fees using KuCoin, follow these steps:
- Login to your KuCoin account
- Deposit funds into the Trading Account
- Place an order via KuCoin Instant Exchange
- Confirm the transaction
Buy Crypto With Fiat Currency Using KuCoin
KuCoin exchange offers more than altcoin trading and provides the ability for its users to directly purchase crypto and stable coins using several payment methods that include credit and debit cards through Simplex, Banxa and PayMIR, peer-to-peer exchange and Instant buy and sell (Fast Buy).
The Fast Buy feature is a safe place to purchase multiple digital assets such as BTC, USDT, ETH, and PAX with low fee rates. The KuCoin instant buy/sell allows users to top up their wallet using WeChat Pay, Alipay, PayPal and bank cards.
KuCoin exchange supports over 46 different fiat currencies from all over the world.
KuCoin Trading Platform
KuCoin offers an elegant, responsive and easy to use trading platform for both beginners and intermediate altcoin traders. Users will need to deposit funds into a KuCoin wallet before using the trading platform.
Once the KuCoin wallet is funded, traders can open the 'Trade' drop down and select either the 'Spot' or 'Margin' exchange to display the live crypto charts which can be viewed as a single chart of split into a quad display which is a nice feature to monitor different crypto pairs or timeframes.
The default layout displays a price chart to provide a quick overview of price action using candlesticks. The charting software and tools are provided by Tradingview, which most crypto traders will be familiar with. Users are able to draw lines, patterns and add indicators over the live price charts.
Positioned on the right is the order book and recent trades window. Traders are able to quickly see all the prices that other people are willing to buy and sell the selected cryptocurrency for. The numbers in the middle show the last sale price and the volume or amount traded at each price level.
The order entry box at the bottom of the screen provides the option to quickly switch between spot, margin and futures markets. Each market provides a quick order amount percentage (e.g. 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%) to allow rapid position sizing based on the account balance.
There are several order types that include limit, market, stop-limit and stop market. When you want to enter an order, you can simply click the recent trades window which will automatically enter the price of the cryptocurrency. Entering a price manually can lead to errors.
How To Trade Crypto With KuCoin
To trade cryptocurrency with KuCoin exchange, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your KuCoin account
- Go to the 'Trade' menu and select 'Spot'
- Select a crypto pair to trade
- Enter the price you want to buy or sell
- Select the amount to buy or sell (e.g. BTC)
- Review the order to ensure the details are correct
- Click on the green 'Buy' or red 'Sell' button to place the trade
KuCoin supports over 200 global high-quality blockchain projects with more than 400 trading pairs. Users on the platform have the option to trade each crypto asset against Bitcoin, KuCoin Shares (KCS), Stablecoins (e.g. USDT, USDC, TUSD etc.) and other altcoins such as Ethereum.
KuCoin offers its global users base a mobile trading app that can be downloaded to trade anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. The app can be used on iOS and Android devices.
The KuCoin app interface is sleek, beginner-friendly and intuitive navigation to buy, sell, trade, manage orders and wallets while on the move. The KuCoin mobile app is free for everyone and can be used to:
- Create an account with KuCoin
- Complete KYC identity verification
- View real-time crypto price charts
- Deposit funds using payment methods such as Paypal
- Buy and sell crypto instantly using the Kucoin app
- Trade crypto assets using the trading platform
KuCoin's mobile app has been downloaded over 100,000 times with an average user rating of 4.1/5 stars.
KuCoin's fee structure uses a taker and maker model and is based on the 30-day trade volume (BTC) for all cryptocurrency pairs. Traders that have a monthly trade volume greater than 2000 BTC and provide liquidity to the order book (e.g. using conditional orders) will pay zero-trading fees for crypto transactions.
KuCoin margin fees are different from the spot trading fees. The exchange fee structure is based on a tiered structure however the trading volume limits and maker/taker fees differ. In comparison to the popular margin cryptocurrency trading platforms, KuCoin's fees are competitive but not the cheapest.
Crypto.com is a global digital asset service that offers a wide range of products to accelerate the adoption of blockchain technology by improving the usability and accessibility of financial payment services using cryptocurrencies.
Plus500 is a CFD providers that offers its massive customer base to trade the world's most popular crypto assets with up to 30x leverage such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Neo, Ripple XRP, EOS, Cardano, Tron and Monero.
Disclaimer: your capital is at risk
Binance is the largest cryptocurrency exchange by trade volume and one of the fastest trading services providers for blockchain ecosystem. The exchange has seen an astronomical growth and is a premium crypto trading platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cryptocurrency assets stored on KuCoin exchange are backed with an insurance policy that is provided by Lockton who are on the of world's largest private insurance brokerage companies.
KuCoin has implemented a Know Your Customer (KYC) process to ensure the safety and security of user funds on the exchange. Users are required to submit personal information in accordance with virtual currency industry protocols to help reduce the occrance of fraud, money laundering and other malicious activities on KuCoin.
KuCoin offers a referral program that is based on a tiered structure and rewards a higher commission based on the number of invitees. The first level of affiliate commission for new referrals is 30% of the referred users trading fees. The next level if 40% commissions if the number of referred users exceeds 50.
To conclude our KuCoin review, it is a leading cryptocurrency exchange that provides a complete trading offering packed with innovative products and features. KuCoin exchange is widely popular for its beginner-friendly trading interface on desktop and mobile apps. With its wide selection of cryptocurrency trading pairs, traders all over the world are able to swap digital currency assets quickly and with low trading fees.
To reinforce our review on KuCoin, it is trusted by 1 out of every 4 crypto holders in the world due which is attributed to its safe and secure trading platform. In our opinion, KuCoin deserves all the accolades and is undoubtedly one of the best crypto exchanges in the world to trade cryptocurrencies.
It's important to use a global and trustworthy crypto exchange to buy, trade and sell cryptocurrencies. There are several exchanges that have been hacked or had client funds stolen. The following cryptocurrency trading exchanges - in addition to the above exchange - are well known and trusted to provide a safe and secure way for beginners and professional crypto traders to deposit cryptocurrencies and trade digital assets.
Ease of use4.5/5
- Over 200 altcoins to trade
- High liquidity order-book with low spreads
- Staking to earn rewards
- Secure offline wallets to keep funds safe
- 24/7 multilingual customer support
- Limited fiat deposit methods using local payment options